Which documents do you need to see in order for me to order replacement number plates?
We need to see two original documents, they can be scanned or photographed and sent via post or emailed to us at email@example.com.
You can use the following to confirm your name and address:
- Driving licence
- Utility, Council Tax or rates bill from the last 6 months
- Bank or building society statement from the last 6 months
- National identity card
- The following will confirm your name only:
- Passport - doesn’t have to be issued in the UK
- Bank or building society debit or credit card
- Police warrant card
- Armed forces identity card
Proving you can use the registration number
You must bring one of the following to show you’re allowed to display the registration number:
- Vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
- New keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
- Certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number
- Retention document (V778) - not applicable in Northern Ireland
- A renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
- Temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
- A number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
- A electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948)
- A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate
I will be purchasing regularly as I am in the motor trade, any chance of a discount?
Yes of course. Please register as a trade customer and we’ll do the rest.
I have a motorcycle, which plates do I need?
Motorcycles and tricycles follow different rules. If the motorcycle was registered from 1st September 2001 you must display a number plate at the back of the vehicle. If your motorcycle was registered before 1st September 2001, you can display a number plate at the front but this is not necessary. The characters on motorcycle number plates must be spread over two lines and displayed on all motorcycles registered on or after 1st January 1973. Don’t worry, we manufacture and supply motorcycle plates to meet the requirements.
What’s the design specification for number plates?
For vehicles manufactured after 1 January 1973, number plates must be:
- Made of a reflective material
- With a white background at the front of the vehicle and a yellow background at the back of the vehicle, and
- With black letters and numbers
Our number plates are manufactured to the highest standards following the above requirements.
What’s the law on displaying vehicle registration numbers?
Vehicle registration numbers must be correctly displayed on the number plate as set out in the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations (as appropriate). It is an offence to alter, rearrange or misrepresent the numbers and letters on a number to form names or words, or in a way make it difficult to read a registration number. You could be fined up t £1000 and in some case the number plate could be permanently withdrawn.
My number plates were stolen, what do I do?
If your number plates are stolen you should contact the police so they can try to trace and prosecute the culprit to prevent this illegal activity from continuing. To order your replacement number plates we will need to see documentation. Speak with our sales team about anti-theft fixing kits and number plates to prevent further thefts.
What is the British Standard for number plates?
The British Standard sets out the characteristics for number plates. This includes thing like strength, visibility and reflectivity. To meet the standards the following information must be permanently and legibly marked with the following information:
- The British Standard number (BS AU 145d)
- The name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier
- The name and postcode of the supplying outlet
How long will it take for me to receive my number plates?
From the moment you place your order, we will await to receive two identification documents. Soon as we receive them we get to work pretty much straight away. Delivery timescales depend on the delivery you choose at time of purchase. We recommend a signed for delivery (as we will be posting back your documents with the plates!).
I want to see my design before my plates are produced, how can I do this?
We understand it’s important to see how your number plates will look before actually being processed and posted out to you. Our online number plate builder allows you to view your plates before you place your order.
Can I supply my own artwork for inclusion?
No that's not possible! If what you're after is not shown on our site then we cant help. Any logos, badges, coach lines and fonts that are not shown on the plate builder would be due to DVLA regulations. For more info you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve just ordered my personalised registration online, how will I be able to obtain my number plates?
From 22nd April, the DVLA has stated customers who carry out Personalised Registration transactions online can obtain number plates by downloading and printing out an eV948 as an entitlement to present to us. Please note an eV948 will be valid for 3 working days.
Are you registered with the DVLA as a Registered Number Plate Supplier?
Yes we are! Our Register Of Number Pate Suppliers (RNPS) number is 53943.
Are you able to make black and silver vintage number plates?
Yes we can! We can either manufacture non-breakable acrylic plates or onto premium pressed steel just like the ones they used to be in the old days. In the UK, only vehicles which were made pre 1973 are allowed to show black/silver number plates. To order black/silver number plates please use the online plate builder.
Can I place my order over the phone?
You sure can. If you do not wish to order online then please do call our sales team on 01628 540033 and we will be more than happy to take your order over the phone.